Sunday, July 20, 2014

Movie Review: PROJECT X

THE SICKEST PARTY EVER!!!!



Project X is a 2012 American comedy film directed by Nima Nourizadeh and written by Michael Bacall and Matt Drake based on a story by Bacall, and produced by director Todd Phillips. The film follows three friends—Thomas (Thomas Mann), Costa (Oliver Cooper) and J.B. (Jonathan Daniel Brown)—who plan to gain popularity by throwing a party, a plan which quickly escalates out of their control.

                                        Parents need to know that Project X, a very raunchy comedy about three high school seniors who throw a huge party that spins wildly out of control -- is packed with constant strong language ("f--k," "s--t," and much more), topless teens, sexual situations, graphic sexual innuendo, and excessive teen drinking and drug use (Ecstasy and pot). Punches are thrown, and though there's no actual fighting, the party has an increasing air of danger and violence (a flamethrower appears in the final act). The movie is funny in a shocking way, but parents will be appalled at its message: that a shy teen "needs" a huge party to break out of his shell and become a social success, regardless of the fact that the cost is thousands of dollars in damage.

              This film is not a movie to watch by everyone because of the content of it. But as a party-goer like me, I definitely enjoyed it. While I'am watching it, the only thing that I could think was "I wish I was there!" Honestly, I don't know why I chose this movie to have an review because theres a lot of movie that I like, movies that will give us moral values. The idea here is in order to gain high school popularity you need to throw the biggest and baddest party the world has ever seen. Yes, you ca't get any moral values from this movie and morelike it is full of immorality. But what I appreciate in this movie was the friendship of Thomas, Costa and JB. They didn't left each other, and even though they are totally wrecked by the situation they just enjoy and forget the problems. I can see myself and my friends to them, as a typical teenager who loves to make bad decisions just to have some fun regardless of what will happen next. :) I appreciate the movie so much because it is different from other typical movies.  Parents will hate this film, it may be their worst nightmare to happen and people may find it as a movie that influencing bad behavior will surely hate this movie. But for those people who love to have some one of a kind party will definitely appreciate this movie. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3HmHbt1r28

This is the ultimate celebration of bad behavior. Theres a link above, you should watch it guise. And if I have given a chance to throw a party like that. You are all invited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment